Sunday, November 4, 2007

True Fellowship(koinōnia)



Koinonia is a Greek word that occurs 20 times in the Bible. Koinonia’s primary meaning is “fellowship, sharing in common, communion.” The first occurrence of koinonia is Acts 2:42, “They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” Christian fellowship is a key aspect of the Christian life. Believers in Christ are to come together in love, faith, and encouragement. That is the essence of koinonia.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
One great result being called of Christ is Fellowship. No matter what nationality, race, social status, economic status, or anything else; when you meet a true believer in Christ-you have a friend. Sometimes it takes longer to get to know someone after meeting them but once we get to our personal testimony, we realize that we have the same blood of the "Lamb" running through our veins. I personally at a time did not see the need for fellowship simply because the place where I was supposed to be getting it: I simply could not find it. I was like a fish out of water. I knew from my own(Ultimately God's Grace) studies that TD Jakes, Joyce Meyer, Rick Warren, Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland, and others were not sent of God and that they preached a false doctrine not of our Lord Jesus the Christ. I believe there are many believers in Word Of Faith, Seeker Sensitive, and many other false churches just itching to leave because they are starving for the True Gospel and that in part is my motivation for writing and proclaiming the truth daily and in my writings. I know this to be true because I used to be one of them. God called me out and connected me to a true body of believers who if they seen me going to a path that leads to destruction: they loved me enough to tell me the truth.

Who is a true friend? A false friend will allow you to be led astray and not tell you because they do not want to offend you. A true friend will tell you the truth regardless of how it makes you feel. I have been rebuked many times by friends. I had a friends wife(who is my friend too) rebuke me in a loving way and I just laughed because she was so graceful in telling me that I was being prideful and because it lined up with scripture I could not argue. I liked it because it showed her love for me. That is the kind of friendship I want!!!

Sometimes when I am around family and unsaved friends I feel a bit uncomfortable because I cannot really be myself and speak freely as if I were around authentic believers. Is this not interesting? Before salvation, sometimes family felt like family but after being adopted into the family of God a sharp reality comes in to play. We almost instantly realize we are separated or called out from the world.

John 1:6-7, “If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.”

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.


John 17:19
And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.


to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
a) consecrate things to God
b) dedicate people to God
d) to purify
e) to cleanse externally
f) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
g) to purify internally by renewing of the soul


Galatians 4:4
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.


Here in John 17 Jesus prays for the called out ones-The saints elected and accepted by God and ordained before the foundation of the world to be sons of the Most High God. What a privilege we have to know Jesus. Paul says "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

In our knowing him Christ places us into his living breathing Body. We all have been redeemed by the precious blood of Christ. There is no propitiation but that of our only acceptable sacrifice: Our Lord Jesus the Christ. Can you imagine being totally refreshed and renewed at the sight of God on that great day when this agony of this world is obsolete. I hope you realize that our life is only a vapor and we are soon passing away. We are to labor for the food that perishes not. (john 6) Our only hope is in our Great and Holy Redeemer-Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 12: 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

I ask this question. What else matters in this world besides Christ? I feel as if I have become a "Incurable God Lover" I can never have enough of HIM. He is my joy and he makes my life complete. Without Christ nothing has purpose and nothing has meaning anymore but HIM. In HIM I find Joy, Peace, Happiness, regardless of my trials I have not suffered unto bloodshed and if I do suffer unto bloodshed; to Him I still owe my redemption since I have been bought with a price. I could have lived every one's lifetime until infinity and had all the money this world has to offer and still come up wanting on His scale.
THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE PROPITIATION IS CHRIST AND CHRIST ALONE******

I ASK AGAIN WHAT ELSE MATTERS IN THE WORLD BESIDES CHRIST?