Sunday, July 22, 2007

Indictment

DESCRIPTION: Lion threatening a rabbit outside the newly landed ark CAPTION: GAME ON, SUCKERDESCRIPTION: Noah interrogating two butterflies CAPTION: NOBODY IS LEAVING THIS ARK UNTIL YOU TWO TELL ME WHAT YOU DID WITH THOSE CATERPILLARS

John 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

I have a question.. Do unbelievers and lukewarm Christians(not Christians at all) hate us? John said, "When we see Him we will be like Him" If we are going to be like Him and see things more clearly in eternity, will we not rejoice when the wickedness is purged from our presence? Think about this question. When they stand before God and are indicted for all there sins; are they not mad at the very God that possesses us as believers? The presence of the Holy Spirit is the only thing restraining them to be who they really are at heart; & that is wicked, prideful, boastful, and idolaters. Can people hate God? He who is totally blameless and can they hate him without reason? Yes, just look at the crucifixion of Christ. I noticed this reality in some of my family members. They see me as some radical fanatic who just goes a little too far with this Christianity thing. I can hear them say, "You don't have to do all that" "Do you have to put God in everything" "Do you think about anything else besides God" I am going a little overboard here.. but you get my point.
Does the way you try to serve Christ make other so called Christians feel uncomfortable? When it comes to controversial things, isn't it funny how people run from them? I know that people grow at different paces sometimes but when we are enlightened to sin in a specific area of our life through God's Word, the test is do we immediately conform or do we say,"it is hard and I need more time" I say more time for what? You have your command now MOVE SOLDIER!!!

I am learning to not try to always think things through and accept some things like the Sovereignty of God. I say this because I don't understand why people go to church and have no intention on conforming their life to Christ-likeness. Is there any logic behind this? Why waste your time doing this if you are lukewarm and not totally submitted to your life manual the Bible? I see so many people who just go to church thinking somehow by this deed they can appease the wrath of God on judgement day. We have to pursue God with the type of temerity that we have seen in the scriptures by men like the apostles. Look at the indictment of the church of Laodicea.

Revelation 3:15 `I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 `So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. 17 `Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 `Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20 `Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

I don't know what has happened to me in the past year. I am consumed with the reality of God in all His majesty and feel as if my world revolves around the Gospel as if nothing else matters. I recall when I was struggling with questions at my previous church congregation regarding the insidiousness in the so called church. I would seek out the truth as if my life depended on it. When I would get hardcore facts about the history of the church as we know it, people would doubt me and thought I was off my rocker. In this I started to question my Faith. I felt like a man deserted on and island in the middle of nowhere. No-one could hear me. I would hear voices in the distance on radio, books, and other sources that echoed the truth I was coming in contact with. In retrospect I can imagine Christ saying...

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

I see Christians always talking about Heaven and no-one talks about judgment. Talking about getting crowns of glory but no-one mentioning condemnation for the wicked. Can you imagine Noah in his day warning the people about the coming judgment in which no-one had ever witnessed before. Do we not have the same task that he had but only with more tools and proof upon proof? Christ is coming back one day to separate His sheep from the goats and we have the foreknowledge of this truth that has been written for us in His Word.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7 and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked 8 (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard); 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment,


Matthew 24:37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.