Sunday, December 16, 2007

Above the Clouds



Psalms 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there]. 9 [If] I take the wings of the morning, [and] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light [are] both alike [to thee]. 13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

As many of you know, I had the pleasure of attending the 1st Stand Up Conference in Newark New Jersey. I have to be honest here. I hadn't flown since I was 5 years old and at the time I had the pleasure of having my wonderful mother to sit with me and comfort me in my fear. Fast forward 22 years later and I was flying alone. I have the full assurance that the Lord is with me where ever I go just as David said listed above. It is such a blessing when all the head knowledge I have had the pleasure to obtain by the mercies of God come to life before my eyes. What do I mean you ask? Well I understand that God is totally sovereign over absolutely everything. The hard part is believing what He has said in His Word and then when you have to apply it to your life. Understand that the purpose of us having to apply what we believe is not so that God can test us for His knowledge, for He already knows exactly what we possess simply because He is the Giver of all we have. The purpose of us being tested is so that we know what the Lord had placed in us for His glory.

Certainly as stated above I understood that God is in control of every single aspect of my life but even as I took off in the plane I feared. After thinking about this while flying I realized how incredibly stupid(this is how I talk to myself sometimes-I am harsh with me) I was on this topic. I say that I would love to be with the Lord and I am looking forward to spending all eternity with Him and loving him without my human flaws. (1John 3:2)What a pleasure it will be to see him and then be like him. This is my position and I firmly hold to this but I had to think; Do I cherish anything over Christ in my life? What a pleasure to have this desire placed in me. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to fear death because Christ has already conquered this for the elect.(1Cr 15:55)

Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

After arriving in Newark I literally wanted to kiss the pilot and tell him," next time give me a parachute chump!!" Just joking here. How shallow of me to have the understanding that God is totally sovereign but only apply it when it is convenient or comfortable to me. That is not how it works and I am thankful that the Lord showed this to me. To top it off I had the temerity to talk with Saiko Woods about the sovereignty of God and not even really apply it to certain aspects of my life. It was blessing to hear his sermon about the complete sovereignty of God over everything.

On my flight back the Lord really gave me a peace while flying. I began to cry as I left the conference and cry even more when we took off. I was very joyful to see so many people who adhered to the Word of God and also felt sad that so many where without a body. I know the people who were sitting across the aisle from me wondered why I was crying. During my flight it was snowing and the pilot took us above the clouds and I got a chance to see the Glory of God in a whole new perspective. Some of you who frequently fly might not think this is a big deal. I once again began to cry like a new born baby uncontrollably. In the past year after soaking myself in the Word of God and with the Lord supplying me with a life breathing body of believer's. From going to a person who literally despised the church because I honestly thought church go-ers where the most Biblically ignorant people on the earth. I used to be just a church go-er and God sovereignty started me actually reading the scriptures and studying for myself. Once I did that I realized either I am crazy or you all are not reading your Bible. I am not and was not crazy. I longed for a body of like minded true Christians and the Lord graciously supplied.

In the past year and a half the Lord has changed my heart to the point is all that I see is Him. I could no longer look at the moon the same. I started to see the handy work of God in creation. I began to see my total depravity and God's holiness. I began to deteste what God detested. I began to love what God loves. You see before when I would see a sunrise or a simplistic star, it did not move me. Now I understand more and more every day that the Lord does not and has not saved everyone. For this I am forever thankful. I don''t understand why God saved me nor do I care. He did not see anything in me good and nothing I could ever do to be accepted by Him. I was just like Adam and all other creation after him. But glory be to God for Christ Jesus-The Lamb of God. Worthy Worthy Worthy Is the Lamb that was slain.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:12 Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.